The main cause of this problem is temperature being too hot. To resolve this issue do the following:-
- If ignored the chick can die out of blocked poop discharge. You need to physically clean the butts with a soft cloth and warm water.
- Give the chicks enough water and make sure they drink
- Ensure the temperature in the room is well regulated. It should not be too hot or cold.
- Add some probiotic or apple cider to your chicks’ drinking water.
- Ensure your chicks are feeding on quality feed
- Add some grit to your feed to help with digestion.